Freedom of Information Act/Victoria, Australia
The Victorian State Government introduced Freedom of information legislation in 1982.
Rick Snell, the editor of the Freedom of Information Review and lecturer in law at the University of Tasmania, has welcomed reforms proposed by the Victorian government for its freedom of information (FOI) laws. The new Victorian Premier, John Brumby, has promised to introduce legislation "to ensure that, except in national security cases, only real Cabinet documents will be exempt from FoI." 
- http://www.justice.vic.gov.au/foi/ Department of Justice (Victoria) website;
- Freedom of Information - Improved Accountability Guidelines, 2002.
- Freedom of Information Annual Reports.
- Victorian Freedom of Information Act 1982
- Chris Merritt, "Reforms needed to restrictive FOI regime", The Australian, August 11, 2007.
|This article is a stub. You can help by expanding it.|