From SourceWatch
Jump to navigation Jump to search
This article is a stub. You can help by expanding it.

This article is part of the Tobacco portal on Sourcewatch funded from 2006 - 2009 by the American Legacy Foundation.

IMASCO is a Montreal-based Canadian tobacco company. IMASCO is owned by Imperial Tobacco Ltd. The largest shareholder of IMASCO is British American Tobacco, which owned a 42% share in IMASCO in 1998. In June 1999, BAT made an offer for the remaining 58% share of Imperial Tobacco. BAT shareholders approved the take-over in October 1999; the response of Imasco's shareholders is not yet resolved.